Notes from Puzzle Palace

Friday, July 9, 2010

Founders banquet and playing with puzzles


Tonight was the founders banquet. Very well set up. There were people directing us every step of the way to get to the building it was in. I'm jumping ahead, but at the end of the day, there was a guard with a bit of direction written in English to show us as we headed out the door.

As we got there, they weren't quite ready for us so we sat outside and met a few people. I got a big kick out of this, because it convinced me that stereo types ring true and are universal. People kept coming over and welcoming Matt to IPP. Asked him if it was his first time while I sat around and looked like a cute wife. He very nicely introduced me "as the puzzle person" :) that just tickled me!

Dinner: on the table was sushi and some snack like stuff. And Beer! Love the beer. After my little bout of allergy attacks in China, I contacted them and told them of my allergies. I noticed the food had a sign on the food that said "seafood shellfish" I was very grateful. Not a problem of deciding if I could eat or not.

I was simply overwhelmed by the people I met at dinner and apologize for not knowing all there We sat with Oskar and his wife, a couple from New Zealand, a chap from England, I forget the rest. At dinner I got to play with a few of Oskar's puzzles. And bought one to bring back to HK and show Uwe. The slide 2x2x2.

No comments:

Post a Comment