Notes from Puzzle Palace

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Flying and blogging???

Well this flight has been fun. I've listened to a poor lad scream for 8 hours. The rest of the time I slept and worried about bug waking the poor old man sitting near us. But at the end of the day it doesn't matter because I AM HERE! 25 hours from home and I've landed.

The flight wasn't half bad. I had wine, I slept. Ok, I forget the screecher and all the rest. I'm here! Ok, not quite yet. I'm writing this on the plane 7 1/2 hours out of DC. Bug just chastised me for being...well, me. I'm excited. It's IPP. I mean, who wouldn't be excited. And she sits next to me asking if it's time now for ice cream. What a kid I have. And me? I've just watched 12 episodes of " Big Bang Theory". Ok. I'll admit it, I've crossed the line. I laughed-out loud. I'm no longer the cool mom who lets the kid have a sip of wine, I'm now the 'geek' who laughs at Big Bang. But who wouldn't? I mean really. Tell me its not you. bug keeps shaking her head at me, but I don't care. I realized a long time ago I crossed over to the dark side. I mean, for how long can one go on going out and painting the town red? But then why should I cry? My bug is now on the 10th episode so she has no room to talk. Especially since her laughter woke up the guy near us yet again.
I watched movies for way too long. I really do believe my brain is starting to rot.
I tried working, but my battery died. Who knew it had to be charged. Now, I'm on my iPad and realizing yet again how I fit the bugs definition of a geek. I'm writing a blog to load when we land and chatting with the lovely old man near us. Wondering how the running paths are near the hotel and whether I can survive six flags tomorrow.
And bug? She's just finished all 12 episodes. Definitely a geek! She makes me proud. (but did she spot the rubic's cube tissue box in the 10th episode, you know, the one I took a photo of)...
Ok, back to reading others blogs and dreaming of puzzles I need to buy.
Lord help me, I need another wine.

(and by the time this is posted??? I'll have landed!!!

Ah yes, and before I forget, Eric and the lads over at renegade, my 10 year old babysitter has told me I can savour ONE of those girly cigars with you (dibs on the number 2), but only one. She's more of a whip cracker than I am.

Entry into the US Was smooth and fast this year. No hassle at all. Must be because we didn't have Matt. 😏 I wondered if I'd have trouble when the guy asked about tobacco products and big started to talk but thankfully it was only to say mom quit smoking.

Because of a major cock-up and change of plans of one too many people at the last minute, we aren't staying in the IPP hotel this year. Bug is royally ticked, and honestly right now I'm none to happy about it either but for different reasons. If anyone wants the down and dirty send me an email and if I'm still hounding a grudge I'll answer if not ... It's not important anyway because it's only a few feet down the road.

I'll end up posting again in wad essay when we have dinner with a lad from Canada. Tomorrow? Six flags for the bug and I and you really don't want to read about my fear of heights and fast rides😃😃

1 comment:

  1. Season 5 Episode 6: The Rhinitis Revelation... do I win a prize?

    ReplyDelete