Notes from Puzzle Palace

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Lumber jack

A while back I placed an order for a number of puzzles from creative Crafthouse. Today's puzzle was one of that order. I enjoyed this one quite a lot.

This one is called Lumber Jack.  It has only 18 pieces and the object is to stack the logs.  Kind of reminds me of the Lincoln logs I played with as a child.  (yes, I'm a girl and I had Lincoln logs.  I had a Tonka dump truck to so what of it :) )

18 pieces isn't that many, so what's the catch?  Well, there are 4 different types of logs here.  They range from having no grooves cut out to having three grooves cut out.  The piece count is 1=0, 5=1, 7=2, and 4=3.  18 pieces. The base is grooved to get you started, and there is a nice cap that holds all the pieces in place.  This one only has 2 colors to it.  4 red pieces and the rest are brown.  No hints given away by color patterns here.

Now as you might know, I work on these things while examining the afternoons away. I have to say it was either a really long day for me, or this was one tough puzzle.  It took me all afternoon to solve it!  I haven't had that happen in a long time.  Mostly because I make sure the puzzles I choose to spend my testing time with are some that can be solved quickly.

A fun puzzle?  With that time involved?  Yep.  You bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment