Notes from Puzzle Palace

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

On the 2nd day of Christmas


On the second day of Christmas my true love sent to me,

2 Brian Young's
And Stickman in a pine tree.

Day Two.  Brian Young, aka Mr. Puzzle has brought-or should I say sent-me more puzzles than I care to admit to.  A few years back when the Aussie dollar was at a lower rate, he was my puzzle shop of choice.  Even though the exchange rate is higher and the shipping is a bit, Brian sells some pretty unique puzzles you won't find any where else.  It's still worth the extra little bit to shop from there.
Brian builds some pretty amazing puzzles.  Three of his that are reasonably priced that I have are The Washington Monument, A Plugged Well, and Houdini's Torture Cell. All of these have been exchange puzzles, but are still available (for a price) on his webpage and in other places.  If you can get your hands on one, jump!  Neil wrote about the Monument, Allard  and Jeff  discuss A Plugged Well, and Oli and Jerry wrote about Houdini.

Brian also built the Cricket bat that everyone raves about.  He's entered numerous design competitions and even Won!  He's always got a smile on his face and you can hear his laughter a mile away.  Brian makes puzzling fun, and to make a business out of it....My dream!

Too bad Sue is such a great lady, I'd sneak in and give him a hug and kiss just for being so great...or maybe I should give it to her!  She's one of those puzzling wives that carries around a Rubik's cube bag!  It doesn't get any better than that does it!

No comments:

Post a Comment