Notes from Puzzle Palace

Sunday, December 30, 2012

On the 6th day of Christmas


On the sixth day of Christmas my true love sent to me,
6 Tony Fisher's
5 Richard Hess'
4 Mr. Fok's
3 Da Yans
2 Brian Young's
And Stickman in a pine tree.

The one puzzler that is allowed into my collection of men that I have yet to meet....Such a sad thing for me.
I've known Tony via the internet for many years now and simply love his dry humor.  I look forward to meeting him one of these years and keep looking for an excuse to get to the UK so I can do just that.

I've known about this Mr. Fisher for many many years and can vaguely remember getting excited when he first got an account on TP back in 2005!  Imagine, the king of handmade puzzle transformations himself wanted to join our little forum!

Ok, enough cheekiness Tony really is a fantastic builder.  He's had a number of his designs mass produced by Meffert's and can be seen over on PuzzleMaster as well.  He even has his own webpage for you to drool over.

I've no photos of Tony because I've not met him.  (that makes sense right???)  I'll link you to my nesting cubes though.  Over the years I've been lucky enough to get his sliding pucks as well as a miniature golden cube.  There are a few more in my pile, but typical Rox can't remember any of them.

His creations are a bit costly, but they are worth every twisting moment.

Sorry Tony, no photo, but I'm so loooking forward to the day I meet you for real and up close and personal!  Until then, I'll stick to the silly messages and droll posts. :)

Mine is the one in the middle (Photo courtesy of Tony Fisher)

As a non-puzzle related note, Happy New Year All!  If you go out tonight, stay safe.  Hand over your car keys and don't even think about drinking and driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment