Notes from Puzzle Palace

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A visit to Wil's

I returned to Amsterdam for 2 evenings and 2 more meetings before being picked up by Hendrik for a trip to the southern part of the Netherlands.  My next puzzle stop:  Wil’s house!  Oskar had warned me that Wil had a house that was taken over by puzzles, but I refused to believe him.  Oh dear was I wrong!


I’ve never seen anything like it!  There were puzzles everywhere you turn.  I kid you not!  The living room was like a museum.  The kitchen had puzzles, The bathroom! Wil took me upstairs and showed me 2 rooms there.  Both were chock a block full of boxes filled with yet more puzzles.  I looked for one that I was missing but as luck would have it, he didn’t have that one.  (Oskar’s keys by Hanayama for those who are curious). 




He showed me one puzzle after another after another.  All I did was look at puzzles for the 6 or so hours I was there.  I can’t even begin to describe what I saw so the photos will have to suffice.  I attempted a few puzzles, but didn’t get far on any of them.  I didn’t want to mess with one that I couldn’t solve and with my track record, that meant I didn’t try too many. Another interesting aspect of Wil's house is the sprinkling of erotica throughout.  It tickled my baser side.

I saw a few that I don’t have-heck, I saw many I don’t have.  Too many.  While routing around, I found a few more that had to go home with me.  These added to the egg and other metal puzzles I’d already shipped home.

We went out and had a nice meal.  Wil ordered me a wonderful appetizer of salmon and eel.  Mind, I don’t like salmon, but it wasn’t wasted. Wil finished it off.  A t-bone and mushrooms rounded off the meal.  Oh wait, the best part was as usual, the beer!  I loved it so much that I had 2 more.

We headed back to Wil’s for a bit more puzzling and for him to pack up.  The man never stops.  He was off to MPP in Warwick.  Hmmm wonder if I was there recently?


Next up?? More puzzles of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment